May 8, 2020 Subject:
Asimov's first "Foundation" story
There is something quite satisfying to read a famous story in its original form with original art work in the original magazine where it first appeared. Since I do not own a 1942 issue of this magazine - this is the next best thing.
In 1951 Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" was published. It includes 5 parts:
1. The Psychohistorians was written for the 1951 book.
2. The Encyclopedists was originally published in the May, 1942 issue of Astounding Science-Fiction under the title of "Foundation". (This issue)
3. The Mayors" was originally published in the June 1942 issue of Astounding Science-Fiction as "Bridle and Saddle".
4. "The Traders" was originally published in the October 1944 issue of Astounding Science-Fiction as "The Wedge".
5. "The Merchant Princes" was first published in the August 1944 issue of Astounding Science-Fiction as "The Big and the Little"